The question "how to make a choker on the neck with your own hands" is asked by real women of fashion. After all, this decoration, emphasizing the beauty of the female neck, is unlikely to ever go out of style. This article will describe in detail how to make tattoo chokers, metal chokers, wire, beads, ribbons and velvet.
This short necklace is only 35-40 cm long and can be seen today on both ordinary fashionable girls and screen divas.
Choker first appeared in Europe in the Victorian era
However, he entered a special favor during the time of Queen Alexandra of England, who tried to hide a small scar on her neck with the help of a pearl necklace and dark velvet.
A bit of history
This short necklace is only 35-40 cm long today and can be seen both on ordinary fashionable girls and on screen divas. Choker first appeared in Europe in the Victorian era. However, he entered a special favor during the time of Queen Alexandra of England, who tried to hide a small scar on her neck with the help of a pearl necklace and dark velvet. Such decoration, emphasizing the white of the tender female skin, undoubtedly, was in the style of the women of the day. So, thanks to Alexandra, the chokers are now firmly established not only in Europe, but also in the USA.
In the 20th century, Coco Chanel gave a second breath to this ornament.
Chokers from her collection were made not only from velvet, but also from leather or silk ribbons and got off with a tablet (insert) of precious metals.
Today necklaces chokers firmly settled not only on the catwalks, but also in the wardrobes of many modern women.
In the 20th century, Coco Chanel gave a second breath to this ornament. Chokers from her collection were made not only from velvet, but also from leather or silk ribbons and got off with a tablet (insert) of precious metals.
[affegg id = 4]
Today necklaces chokers firmly settled not only on the catwalks, but also in the wardrobes of many modern women. For example, Princess Diana preferred pearl chokers with inlays of large gems. Images of Matilda from Luc Besson’s film “Leon” or Angelina Jolie from “The Tourist” cannot be imagined without a black ribbon choker that fits tightly against the neck.
Tip! You can wear this necklace with almost any clothing. For example, couturier John Galliano considers chokers to be a universal adornment, fully compatible with both jeans and evening dress.
Types of chokers
All chokers can be divided into main groups:
- men: have a minimum of parts and decorations;
- tattoo chokers: made by weaving from elastic threads or lines of any color, stretchable, ideally adjacent to the skin and outwardly indistinguishable from the pattern on the skin; can be supplemented with small ornaments: beads, rhinestones, etc .;
Tattoo chokers are made by weaving from elastic threads or woods of any color.
Heart-Shaped Leather Choker
- chokers on a cord, ribbon or chain, with or without suspension;
- braided wire ornaments: in contrast to tattoo chokers, they are made more voluminous, have a greater number of ornaments (beads, beads, stones, chains, or rhinestone);
- chokers made of beads or beads;
- leather trimmed with buckles or metal jewelery;
- performed in the form of a small metal rim of wire or precious metal;
- made in the form of a wide collar of velvet, lace, wool or metal stripes;
- Knitted yarn products: soft and cozy, are not only decoration, but also serve as protection from the cold.
Leather lace knotted bow tie
Wide velvet decoration
You can wear multiple models at the same time.
Massive metal product
Tip! Choker should be the main highlight of the image. It is not necessary to supplement it with an excessive amount of other decorations.
Today, chokers do not have to be jewelry. Wood, leather, metal, bone, stone, plastic, beads, beads, rhinestones, pieces of fur, floss threads, lace, fabric, including velvet, etc. are used to make and finish them.
Today, chokers do not have to be jewelry
Wood, leather, metal, bone, stone, plastic, beads, beads, rhinestones, pieces of fur, floss threads, lace, fabric, including velvet, etc. are used to make and finish them.
It's easy to make such a simple choker yourself.
The technology of weaving chokers is simple, so even an exquisite elegant decoration can be made by yourself. They can be carried out in one or several tiers of any width — be thin and miniature, or have the appearance of a rather wide strip encircling the neck. Ornaments can be strung on wire, fishing line, spandex (elastic thread of polyurethane), rubber bands.
Tip! Too wide choker will visually shorten the neck. To avoid this, be sure to pick up a blouse or dress with a sufficiently long neckline for this decoration.
Created from an elastic material (thread or spandex fishing line), the necklace tight to the skin really looks like a tattoo applied to the skin. That is why this decoration and received such a name.
To create such a choker, we need:
- fishing line or elastic thread for weaving 2.5 m long;
- beads for decoration (optional);
A tattoo choker is made of fishing line, an elastic thread for weaving, and even wiring from old headphones (see the section below)
It is necessary to secure the thread and tie free knots on it alternately.
The future decoration will consist of tied knots
To begin with, the fishing line or thread should be bent in half and fastened on a board or book with a clerical clip. Then we begin to knit the necklace, making alternately the usual knots alternately left and right threads. If desired, in the right places beads are strung periodically on the thread.
When the length of the choker is sufficient and will be equal to 35-40 cm, the excess threads are cut off. For the manufacture of a simple clip-fastener on one side of the jewelry, they are fused together into a ring using a lighter.
Double tattoo choker
Tip! From the same material, you can make a whole set consisting of a choker, a bracelet and a pair of elegant ringlets.
Accessory from old headphones
For making a tattoo choker, it is quite possible to use a long wire 1 mm thick from the charger or headphones. To get a quality necklace, do not use only worn and scratched headphones. The choker from flat wires will also look unattractive - it is better to use round ones for its manufacturing.
This elegant choker is made from wires from old headphones. Want the same?
Prepare wire, glue, nail polish, gold foil and brush
All we have to do is decorate the wire with gold.
We transfer the foil to the product
From above we cover with a colorless varnish
And the choker is ready. Even do not need a clasp - it can be tied to the bow
The most difficult step is the manufacture of the fastener:
- the simplest option for her is to leave the ends of the threads for tying them on a bow or knot, but this method is suitable only for owners of long hair; if you have a short haircut, the sticking wires will catch your eye;
- You can also make a fastener by twisting the wires, for this they are stripped of the winding and tightly intertwined with each other so that there are no small ends left, they are able to hook onto the clothes;
- you can make it from the microphone; To do this, at the ends of the wire are tied into knots, which are inserted into the microphone and snap into place.
If desired, this decoration can be painted with colored or metallic paint from a can. Doing this before weaving is not worth it - in the process, it can be erased.
Any beads can be strung on the wire.
You can leave the wire long so that you can wind it around your neck several times.
Tip! An interesting version of the necklace can be obtained from two wires of different color, for example, black and pink or white.
This original jewelry is perfectly combined with denim or leather clothing. For its manufacture, you can use a sufficiently strong decorative wire that can hold a shape, metal plates for decoration with holes made in them or wire rings, riveting, beads, etc.
Metal gold choker looks like an expensive piece of jewelry
Products made of precious metals, made in the jewelry workshop under the order, can be used as a decoration that complements the evening dress
Very extravagant look jewelry in the form of a plate
Such a choker can be made by simply bending the plate along the neck diameter.
Products made of precious metals, made in the jewelry workshop under the order, can be used as an ornament that complements the evening dress.
Jewelry in the form of a plate, open necklaces of irregular shape with stones or balls at the end, or twisted metal jewelry are very extravagant.
Tip! Massive metal products can visually shorten the neck. Fat women with a small neck are better off.
For this type of jewelry you need to take:
- satin or velvet ribbon, its length should be selected with a margin for the folds;
- ring for fixing jewelry;
- a pendant or a coin with a hole in it;
- fastener (carabiner) for jewelry;
Make a choker of velvet ribbon
Buy special fasteners in advance
Attach them to tape
Super stylish choker ready!
The pendant or coins are threaded into a small ring that is attached to the ribbon. To fix the decoration, you can gently press it with pliers or fix it with a drop of glue. At the last stage of work, the ends of the tape are bent, the fastener is inserted into them, and then the tape is sewn up.
Tip! It is possible to fix such a choker on the neck with the help of a small bow. For this tape must be purchased with a small margin.
Velvet or fabric choker
Women have long noticed that a dressing made of dark velvet can favorably emphasize the whiteness and tenderness of the skin. To make this aristocratic decoration you will need:
- velvet strip of the desired width of about 50 cm;
- a pendant, a medallion, a brooch or other decorations for use as a pendant;
- sewing machine;
The principle of making such a velvet ribbon is similar to the previous one. The only difference is that in order for the fabric not to wrinkle and lay flat enough, it must be sewn in half. To do this, cut a strip of the desired size, bend it in half with the inside out, iron it with iron, stitch it, and then turn it so that the seam is inside the choker. At the ends of the jewelry fastener fastened.
Tip! Velvet blends perfectly with lace. It is possible to decorate such a necklace with a flower made of felt or a finishing tape and with thin chains in tone.
Stylish jewelry tattoo can be made from beads. Beginners should choose the simplest weaving scheme.Bead Choker
You can make such a choker from both large and small beads:
- before starting work, the line is fastened in the eye of the castle;
- two needles are threaded on each side of the thread;
- beads are put on the fishing line with a needle according to the chosen pattern;
- each bead is knotted with a second thread, which is also first passed through the hole; thus, beads are supported from two sides by two nodes;
- after completion of the thread is tied in the eyelet of the lock-carbine;
- if necessary, the second row of the choker is knitted, after inserting the last bead, the thread is again fixed in the carbine.
Tip!You can decorate such a choker with the help of pendants. The threads of the beads can be wrapped in bundles, thus forming a more complex necklace.
Let's make a fashionable denim choker with beads
We need a piece of unnecessary jeans
We decorate the choker with a fringe of denim
This technique is based on lace weaving with the help of knots. The main elements of the pattern are rings and arcs. The technique is somewhat similar to crocheting. The only difference is in the way of threading through the knots.
The simplest method is to tie up ready-made rings or arcs of plastic or metal with the help of two nodes - direct and reverse. The one who is familiar with the technique of tatting more closely, can use more complex methods of weaving.
Step-by-step weaving choker frivolite
The necklace can be complemented with earrings, woven using tatting techniques, and elegant openwork rings made to match the main product. You can decorate them with fringed beads.
Tip! When choosing a choker should carefully consider the entire image. The elegant necklace in combination with heavy, massive bracelets looks completely ridiculous. Wide chokers look next to elegant, lightweight brooches and earrings.
What to wear?
When wearing this jewelry, there are only two limitations:
Choker is absolutely not combined with a business style: in the office, it will look inappropriate
This necklace is designed to emphasize the beauty and shape of the neck, so when wearing it, it must be open, the V-shaped neckline in this case will be the most successful
The deeper such a neckline, the more weightless and graceful the decoration will seem
- Choker is absolutely incompatible with the business style: in the office, it will look out of place;
- This necklace is designed to emphasize the beauty and shape of the neck, so when it is worn, it must be open, the V-shaped neckline in this case will be the most successful; the deeper such a neckline, the more weightless and graceful the decoration will seem;
- Casual clothing — a T-shirt, a plaid shirt — would ideally be combined with a simple, not overburdened piece of jewelry. For lovers of suede or leather clothing, as well as products made from coarse flax, you can choose as a decoration chokers from chains, stones or shells. Both an elegant lace or satin choker, as well as a product with an abundance of chains and rivets in the punk or rock style will suit the jeans and the same blouse.
- The femininity of an elegant dress or blouse is better emphasized with a choker made of fabric, beads or pearls with a contrasting pendant or insert-tablet made of natural or artificial stones. A small black dress or long evening dress "to the floor" will complement a short necklace of gold or silver or a velvet choker with a precious pendant.
The femininity of an elegant dress or blouse is better emphasized with a choker made of cloth, beads or pearls with a contrasting pendant or insert-tablet made of natural or artificial stones.
Casual clothing — a T-shirt, a plaid shirt — would ideally be combined with simple, not overburdened jewelry.
Elegant Red Pendant Choker
Tip! The choker should be the only decoration on the neck. The only exception is the long metal chains, which are perfectly combined with such a short necklace.