Laser hair removal - contraindications and consequences are a sign of illiteracy, bad faith of a specialist, or irresponsibility of the client
Laser hair removal - contraindications and consequences are a sign of illiteracy, bad faith specialist, or irresponsibility of the client. The types of laser hair removal will form the right idea about this process. Reviews on hair removal will serve as good advice.
Specialists of laser devices guarantee a long, steady, and even radical destruction of hair follicles.
What are we dealing with?
Getting rid of unwanted hair is the eternal problem of any woman. In war, as they say, all methods are justified. Therefore, women of the fair sex resort to various tricks, eradicating the vegetation on the body and face. Not left uncovered and laser hair removal.
"Painless and comfortable procedure", "Getting rid of hair with a laser once and for all", "Lasting effect" - these advertisements are speckled with many cosmetological Internet resources and stained glass windows of beauty salons. But is it worth unconditionally believing what advertising banners and PR managers promise us? After all, often thought-out marketing is based on making profits, and at times real help to the consumer and familiarizing him with the obstacles and consequences of salon services are not given importance by the masters of laser centers.
Getting rid of unwanted hair is the eternal problem of any woman.
Types and characteristics of laser hair removal
Mechanical (shaving, plucking), chemical (exposure to depilatory creams), bio-epilating (enzymatic, waxing, shugaring) methods of eliminating unwanted hair on the skin are now superseded by the laser method of getting rid of skin vegetation. This is natural, since the proven algorithms provide only temporary results. And specialists of laser devices guarantee a long, steady, and even radical destruction of hair follicles.
In laser centers and beauty salons today use several types of systems:
Their differences are in the method of obtaining and the length of the beam, the duration of the pulse, the technology of cooling the skin and the transmitted energy of radiation, which passes through the hair shaft, is converted into heat. Heating destroys the structure of the follicle without damaging the epidermis. The skin cools instantly.
The most powerful type of impact has a neodymium system. Even the palest hairs are subject to it. The effects of its rays extend to dark skin, since the main criterion for the start of the procedure is rubbing the surface of the body with a special coal mixture. This mass, falling into the follicles, under the influence of a neodymium laser heats up. Coal particles under the influence of heat "explode" at the micro level, destroying the structure of the hair bulb. The procedure is effective, but quite painful.
The ruby system, on the contrary, is considered the most inefficient. The fault is a short wavelength. This type of laser has virtually no effect on blonde hair, but has a detrimental effect on the dark color of the vegetation.
Alexandrite system of impact on the bulbs fights well with black hair, and affects light vegetation to a small extent. The system is equipped with cooling (for comfortable hair removal) and scanning (for the accuracy of the procedure).
The differences in laser hair removal methods are in the method of obtaining and the length of the beam, the duration of the pulse, the technology of cooling the skin and the transmitted energy of radiation, which passes through the hair shaft, is converted into thermal
The advantages of diode equipment are speed, painlessness and effects on any type of skin. By means of this type of the laser dark hair is excellently removed. Light vegetation gives in worse.
Tip!No need to hope for a 2-3-fold visit to the laser centers. Perhaps, it will take 8-10 procedures: it all depends on the characteristics of genetics.
"Pitfalls" of laser vegetation removal
The quality of the laser procedure for getting rid of unwanted hairs depends on some features:
- Dark hair is an excellent conductor of rays. Light vegetation contributes to the absorption of impulses not only by the hair shaft, but also by the skin. Therefore, it is not so easy to achieve the desired result with light fluff.
- Contrast skin and hair color - the best option for laser hair removal. Dark vegetation and light skin contribute to the best penetration of rays deep into the epidermis. Dark skin with blond hair will contribute to the absorption of skin rays.
- Hair, staying in the active stage of growth, are eliminated in the first place. The nascent vegetation is not affected by the laser beams, so you should not count on a one-time procedure.
- Such qualities of the master as patience, thoroughness and accuracy, bring tangible results.
Dark vegetation and light skin contribute to the best penetration of rays deep into the epidermis.
Tip! Before visiting the beauty salon for the purpose of laser hair removal, you should arm yourself with the advice of a doctor. Perhaps, for your body there are contraindications.
Pros and cons of the procedure
The advantages of laser hair removal deservedly include:
- Prolonged absence of hair in unwanted places.
- Guaranteed painlessness with decent specialist qualifications.
- The short duration of the procedures.
There are also reasons for which laser hair removal is a panacea:
- hirsutism (due to hormonal disruption);
- increased shaving irritation;
- increased hair growth rate;
- the need to get rid of the vegetation on the body (need athletes and workers in certain sectors of the food industry).
But laser hair removal, along with positive aspects, has contraindications and unpleasant consequences, the photos of which can be easily found in free access on the Internet.
The main advantage of this method is the prolonged absence of hair in unwanted places.
Factors for which the intervention of a laser beam is contraindicated:
- oncological diseases;
- dermatological problems;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- varicose veins;
- herpes sores;
- abrasions and skin irritations;
- moles and papillomas in the area affected by the beam;
- recent tan
In addition, there are a number of features and certain nuances of laser hair removal:
- High-quality procedure requires hair regrowth of at least 1 mm.
- With a lower pain threshold, anesthesia will be required.
- The darker the skin, the greater the risk of getting burned during the session.
- Redness of the skin after exposure to the beam is a natural reaction. Her disappearance will help a special cream applied by a specialist.
- Gray and very blond hair is not a laser beam. Therefore, such vegetation will have to be removed by other methods (electrolysis is a worthy alternative).
- Sunbathing after the procedure is permissible only after a month.
- A visit to the sauna and swimming pools is permitted a week after epilation.
- The use of alcohol-containing and scrubbing agents in the areas affected by the beam is temporarily prohibited.
On the unfortunate consequences and harmful effects of laser procedures, the following can be said: following the recommendations of dermatologists and laser hair removal specialists, it is rather difficult to cause inconvenience to the skin or body. However, the incompetence of the “master”, the failure of the patient to observe the elementary rules, together with medical contraindications for health, can have disastrous results:
- the appearance of age spots and burns due to exposure to sunlight;
- complications of internal diseases;
- allergic rashes;
- increase in the thickness of hair (due to incompetence in the settings of the laser);
- herpetic inflammations;
- damage to the retina of the eye (the patient should wear protective glasses during the session, especially if the hair is removed on the face);
- erythema of the skin.
Burns after laser hair removal
Unpleasant "weight" are also relatively high prices for laser hair removal.
Tip! You need to carefully consider the choice of a specialist of a laser system: ask about his qualifications, long experience, certificates and licenses.
Laser resistance to hair growth: the opinion of doctors
If a medical worker has become a candidate for the removal of unwanted vegetation, and not a simple saloon master, then he will bear full responsibility for the patient's health. Therefore, it is necessary to focus on medical laser centers, where the aesthetic appearance of the skin is viewed through the lens of medical practice.
Reception should be carried out by a dermatologist or a cosmetologist with a certificate for carrying out activities on a specific laser device.
It must be borne in mind that not every practicing doctor, even if he has experience in plastic surgery or dermatology, has the knowledge and skills to work with a laser. This is a separate specialization. But any doctor will recommend a full medical examination to protect the patient from adverse results.
It is necessary to do the procedure in medical laser centers, where the aesthetic appearance of the skin is viewed through the lens of medical practice.
Tip! You should know that a good specialist will conduct a hair removal test first on a small area of the body. Noting the absence of acute inflammatory phenomena, the doctor will begin work on large parts of the epidermis.
Experiments with a laser beam without leaving home
Relatively recently, a portable laser has appeared on the market for hardware to eliminate hair covering at home. A lot of women are interested in the manual know-how. The desire to have in his arsenal an indispensable assistant, able to save not only from annoying vegetation, but also from tedious trips to salons and medical centers, makes the ladies pay 18-20 thousand rubles for it.
Yes, with a portable laser, hair removal will become more convenient and to some extent more affordable. One has only to monitor the cost of services in the laser centers. But the home apparatus also has its drawbacks:
- trimmed functionality (effectiveness appears on dark hair in contrast with fair skin);
- small area of impact (30 mm or less), because of which the time of the procedure takes a significant number of hours;
- Handling the laser requires skill, certain knowledge and accuracy, otherwise the consequences outlined above will manifest themselves without visiting a beauty salon.
Portable home laser machine
Tip! If, visiting the beauty parlor, a chemical peeling or laser polishing was performed on the skin, then the procedures for getting rid of hair with a laser are excluded for at least a month.
Laser hair removal has not only serious contraindications for health and unpleasant consequences, but also positive results, reviews of which largely confirm the effectiveness of the method.
Venus, 51: I, as usual, did not attend the laser procedures before the laser procedures. What I blame only myself. Although, I always knew about my varicose veins. The hair in the armpits for 4 sessions visually decreased, but the veins in the legs became more expressive. Now I have no time for hair on my shins. Now I have another struggle with varicose veins.
Daria, 27 years old: We chipped with a friend on a portable laser. We sent it by mail. My legs have noticeably thinned out: somehow bunches are now growing. We carried out 5 procedures with an interval of 2 months. A friend seemed to be unchanged: her hair is thick and thick. Probably, it is rightly said that the laser is attracted to a dark color and acts on it more intensively (my hair is much darker than that of a friend).
Leonida, 39 years old: After the first session on the Alexandrite laser in my bikini zone, I had a terrible redness. But she anointed "Bepantenom" and by the morning everything was gone. So far, after the 3rd session, I did not notice any special hair loss. As if everything is at the same level.
Redness of the skin after exposure to the beam is a natural reaction. A special cream applied by a specialist will help her disappear.
Galina, 43 years old: Hair is less and less. Somewhere at 30 percent. And this is just my 2nd procedure!
Maria, 20 years old: I decided to remove the hair in the temples. They grow with me that kind of sideburns. I turned to the local salon: they have a diode laser. They promised a painless procedure. The pain was unbearable. Barely doperpela. It turns out that I have a low pain threshold. Other clients, according to the master, did not feel any pain. The following procedure will be done with the use of soothing ointment.
Julia, 31: Almost a year passed, during which there were about eight sessions of laser hair removal in the armpit area. Hair has become thinner, but it is not less. The master says that I may have a hormonal surge, which provokes lush vegetation. He advised to consult an endocrinologist.